- Diet & lifestyle
- Vegetarian meals
This is a meatless taco in a corn tortilla. If you can't find queso fresco cheese, use a mild feta or white cheese.
42 people made this
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut into 5mm slices
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon red chilli flakes, or to taste
- 125ml chicken stock
- 1 bunch chard, tough stems removed and leaves cut crossways into 3cm slices
- 1 pinch salt
- 12 corn tortillas
- 150g crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 1 tub shop-bought salsa
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:45min ›Ready in:1hr5min
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Stir in the onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned golden brown, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and red chilli flakes, stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the chicken stock, chard and salt. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer until chard is nearly tender, about 5 minutes. Remove lid and increase heat to medium, stirring until the liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat another frying pan over medium-high heat. Warm the tortillas in the frying pan for about 1 minute per side. Fill the warmed tortillas with the chard, and top with the cheese and salsa.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(52)
Reviews in English (42)
LOVED IT! i am newly a Vegetarian. next time i make it i will use a little less pepper. other wise it was wonderful!-10 Sep 2010
This has become one of my go-to recipes. It's quick, healthy, and a great way to get some greens into the diet. You can also add some meat, but its very good without.-02 Jan 2011
Excellent. I made this last night and my friends loved it! The only change that I made (not on purpose) was the use of goat cheese. I served the tacos along with a spicy pumpkin soup. It was a really nice pairing.-03 Nov 2011