I washed the meat well, put it in a large bowl, in which I added all the spices, and the lightly cleaned and cut in half, apart from olive oil, I put the wine and water, I chewed well and left cold, covered with a film, for two hours. You can leave overnight.
In a pan I heated the oil, I put the meat and I fried it well on all sides, over a high heat. I put the water as much as it contains and let it boil for about 2 hours on low heat, turning from time to time.
Basically it has to stay on the fire until all the water decreases, if it is needed, water can be added.
From the old Romanian cuisine: Rabbit with spicy sauce and Pudding with cranberry apples
Rabbit with spicy sauce and Pudding with cranberry apples are two of the recipes that were published in the series & # 8221Good Housekeeper - Cookbook, practice & # 8221 (1907).
The paper was written by Mrs. Ecaterina Colonel Steriad, reports Agerpres.
Rabbit with spicy sauce
Take a rabbit, remove its skin first and second and salt it. Let it sit in 300 grams of vinegar with water for about six hours, along with the spices. Then take it out of the vinegar and wash it. Fry it with pieces of butter on top in a soft oven.
Then cut it into the right pieces, prepare 600 grams of cream, 240 grams of butter, two tablespoons of browned flour, mushrooms (mushrooms) cut like livers and fermented before, half a tablespoon of aubergine broth, a little pepper, cinnamon, the necessary salt and a glass of wine or Madeira.
Mix all this together. Pour them over the fried rabbit. Bring it to a boil in a few boils, and let it sit in a thick sauce, placed in a large, round bowl, until you put it on the table.
Pudding with cranberry apples
Peel two kilograms and 400 grams of cranberry apples, cut them into small pieces and boil them with 120 grams of butter until soft, then put in 180 grams of sweet breadcrumbs and a little cinnamon, crushed. Let them cool.
Then put 10 yolks, one after the other, and the foam from the five egg whites put them in, mix them well. Grease a tincture with butter, sprinkle with grated bagel, put the pudding inside and bake for an hour in the oven. Then, sprinkled with crushed vanilla sugar, serve.
Rabbit steak with wine and spices
Rabbit steak with wine and spices from: rabbit, salt, pepper, paprika, allspice, coriander, mustard seeds, thyme, bay leaf, garlic, oil, wine, onion, carrots.
- 1 rabbit
- sweet Boya
- mustard seeds
- Bay leaves
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 100 ml white wine
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
Method of preparation:
Wash the rabbit, season with salt, pepper, paprika, allspice, coriander and a little thyme.
Place the meat in a pan, pour oil and wine, add a few bay leaves and sliced garlic.
Leave the meat to marinate in the cold for 3-4 hours, then put the chopped onion, fish and sliced carrot in the pan, then put the pan in the oven.
Rabbit in the garden
Dear ones, today I offer you a new recipe cooked in the Crock Pot slow cooker, a device that I really like and that is already in the fourth version in my kitchen (I can't hide that I popularize it among friends, donating the appliances already tested by me a few times, I kept only the first one, to which I became emotionally attached or something). Mihaela, my correspondent from Crock Pot Romania asked me what the recipe is called, the first name that came to my mind was the one in the title, meaning & # 8222 rabbit in the garden & # 8221. My father raised rabbits for a long time, until the end of his life, a lot of rabbits were cooked in our house and in many ways, so I am accustomed from an early age to the best methods to achieve the excellence it can offer. One of the secrets of the rabbit is that due to the structural peculiarities of its meat, it needs a special treatment before the traditional cooking. That is, it must be immersed in a liquid, which can be water with spices and salt or meat soup, and kept there for 40-45 minutes at 92-95 degrees Celsius. This operation tenderizes the meat and leaves it juicy. Once it is full, the meat can be transformed into steak, bread / tempura, stew, skewers or anything else that comes to mind, the risk of it becoming hard or elastic disappearing.
Now, back to my recipe. Why rabbit? Because this piece of chop with bone inspired me. Why & # 8222 in the garden & # 8221? Because next to him I put vegetables that any respectable rabbit would eat if he woke up unattended in the vegetable garden: carrots, peas, onions, beets, new potatoes. I'm not convinced that rabbits appreciate cherry tomatoes, but I put them on too. The seasoning was simple and the same for everyone: coarse salt and multicolored pepper. I put the vegetables on the bottom of the 5.7 liter ceramic pot and the rabbit on top of them.
I added three cups of vegetable soup to pass over my vegetables and let my rabbit sit half submerged. Then I covered the meat with a few thin slices of smoked and dried pork neck. A little fat didn't kill anyone. A little.
I put the slow cooker on the low temperature stage. And here's the interesting part: because at this stage the temperature does not reach 100 degrees Celsius, the step I was talking about in the opening of this article can be eliminated without fear, especially since it follows a slow and long cooking.
On the lower stage, the device starts with the time setting of 10 hours, but you do not have to leave it like that, you can adjust the time as needed. I didn't adjust it at all, knowing that in five hours I'll be home and the rabbit will be ready. Which is what happened.
In five hours, the vegetables cooked nicely and remained crispy enough, except for the peas. mangetout, for which five hours is too much time, but which I assumed I put here for the contribution to taste (for color and texture I sautéed a few peas in the pan, two minutes). As for the brown sauce you see in the picture below, I got it on the occasion of the previous recipe made at Crock Pot.
The gelled sauce was just heated in a saucepan before being placed on the plate.
Because we have to have a little courage when it comes to taste, we browned the rabbit with butter before slicing it.
Rabbit in the multivarka - the best recipes
Recipe №1. Rabbit in wine with boiled vegetables in the multivarka
Rabbit cooked in wine, always comes from a rather spicy taste and certainly leads to the indescribable, delight your guests and household. A multivarka makes the meat very tender and juicy. In the preparation of this original dish, do not spend much time, because they are needed only to prepare all the necessary ingredients and put them in a pot. And as long as this wonder device will prepare a rabbit scented with wine, he will be able to dedicate time to his girlfriend or enjoy the children.
To prepare rabbit in wine with vegetables in multivarka you need the following ingredients:
1. Rabbit carcass - 2 kg.
2. Bulgarian pepper - 3 pieces of different colors.
7. Salt, black pepper, spices and spices to taste.
1. previously thawed rabbit carcass, disassembled into pieces to book, wash well under running water and dried with paper towels. Optionally, you can soak a rabbit in cold water for a few hours, so that the meat is tenderer. But in principle, it is not necessary to do so. Multivarka has to cope with this task.
2. Peel onions, wash and cut into rings and a half. Tomatoes and bell peppers, wash under running water. Remove the stem pepper and remove the seeds, then cut into strips. It is best to take a multi-colored pepper, so that the dish is not only delicious, but also very beautiful. Tomatoes cut into medium-sized pieces. Peel a squash, grate it and cut it into thin slices.
3. Pieces of minced meat and vegetables are put in a bowl Multivarki, salt, add black pepper and your favorite spices and seasonings. a couple of rosemary sprigs can be put to more flavor. Wine is diluted with water in equal parts and pour the resulting mixture of ingredients into the multivarka. Now you just need to multivarku turn into "hardening" and wait until the antenna is cooked. It usually takes about two hours.
Rabbit ready with vegetables decompose into portions on plates and serve hot during the precipitated sprinkling of cooking juice. Bon Appetit!
Recipe №2. Multivarka of rabbit in sauce of sour cream
The rabbit meat itself is very delicate and has a slightly sweet taste. Dairy cream is even more soak and melt in your mouth. Rabbit with cream sauce - it's always a win-win and decorating any holiday table. Surprise your guests with these delicious and at the same time incredibly simple to prepare hot food and be sure that no one can remain indifferent.
To prepare rabbit sauce of multivarka cream you will need of the following ingredients:
1. rabbit carcass - 1-1, 5 kg
6. Salt, black pepper, spices and spices to taste.
1. Rabbit carcass previously thawed on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator and disassemble into small pieces, a la carte. Immerse the rabbit in a deep bowl or bowl and pour the sauce. For the sauce, mix three liters of water with three tablespoons of vinegar. Let the rabbit marinate in a cool place for several hours or overnight.
2. After thoroughly marinated rabbit, rinse well with water and dry with rolling paper towels. Rub the rabbit on all sides with salt, black pepper and spices. Peeled onions, wash and cut into rings and a half.
3. In a bowl put the butter Multivarki, the mode "Frying" and "baking" turn, and wait until the butter is melted. Then we send in the rabbit casserole and fry for ten minutes. Then add the chopped onion and fry for another five minutes. N this time on the meat appetizing rumen crust should form, and onions should acquire a golden hue.
4. Now pour into a bowl Multivarki cream. It is best to take double cream, so that the dish will turn out much tastier and richer. Switch multivarku to "harden", "miss" or "soup" mode and prepare a dish for two hours.
Rabbit ready served at the table, watering sour cream sauce with clear white rice. Bon Appetit!
Recipe №3. Rabbit with potatoes in the multivarka
As you know, the rabbit goes well with absolutely any dish. It can be easily brought to the table with boiled rice and pasta, as well as a salad of fresh vegetables. But even more people like to eat meat with a garnish of potatoes. Usually, I cook meat and potatoes is a rather annoying task, because you have to deal with meat first, and then boil the potatoes separately. Multivarka helps cook a rabbit with potatoes effortlessly.
For the preparation of rabbit with potatoes in the multivarka you need the following ingredients:
1. rabbit fillets of 500 grams.
2. Potatoes - 7 medium tubers.
Vegetable oil 6. - 2 tablespoons.
7. Salt, black pepper, spices and spices to taste.
1. thawed rabbit fillets, washed well under running water and cut into small pieces. Peeled potatoes and carrots, wash and cut into small pieces. Peel onions and garlic, rinse thoroughly. Chop the onion and garlic slices into thin slices.
2. Now pour into a bowl Multivarki a small amount of vegetable oil. First put on the bottom Multivarki meat, salt, add black pepper and spices. Then we put on top of chopped vegetables, a little salt and pour all the ingredients of boiled water. Turn multivarku into "extinguishing" mode and ready cooked, for an hour and a half.
Ready to decompose rabbit with potatoes on plates and serve hot with a fresh vegetable salad. Bon Appetit!
Rabbit with wine, vegetables and civet
Charente is a large hunting area, divided into many smaller areas. You have the feeling that agriculture is just a pretext to shelter over the summer and grains over the winter from the myriad of pheasants, rabbits, foxes, chickens and guinea fowl, whatever they may be. The vast and dense Braconne Forest provides wild boar and other animals that are good to eat or just a trophy. I will not insist on hunting, I just want to emphasize that game is eaten quite often. I received three jars of wild boar civet, a stew flavored with laurel, many vegetables and wine, sterilized and stored (it stays for years, without problems). Two jars went like this, with toast and pasta, minus three or four tablespoons that I incorporated in the recipe below (you can make the recipe too, even without civet, it will come out good no doubt ).
Rabbit (farm), onions, garlic, carrots, leeks, zucchini, parsnips. The rabbit cut into pieces suitable for large.
We used a wine from Charente (I don't think you can find it here but any good red wine is suitable, if you want to get closer to the local flavors, look for a Bordeaux wine). Civetcan be replaced with a pork stew made with onions, garlic, carrots, bay leaves and wine, boiled for two hours on low heat & # 8211 but, as I said above, you can get over it if it gets in your way.
I cleaned the vegetables, washed them and cut them into large pieces.
I put the vegetables with the rabbit in a pot. I sprinkled a little salt, poured a cup of wine and a cup of water over them and put the lid on.
I kept the lid on the pot for 35 minutes. Fire, right. I know it looks like a pressure cooker, it would have been like that if it had a gasket, it didn't, so it was just a pot with a well-fixed lid.
In a frying pan I put a handful of chopped bacon, three cloves of crushed garlic, some mushrooms and three tablespoons of civet. You can do all this without civet, possibly add another cup of crushed tomatoes. I kept the pan on the fire for 10-12 minutes.
I transferred the rabbit and vegetables to a heat-resistant dish. I sprinkled more wine and put the mixture in the pan over the rabbit.
After 35 minutes in the oven heated to 180 degrees Celsius, I took out the bowl and sprinkled green onion tails over the food.
What if it was good? Sure. Accompanied by the same Charantez wine.
The rabbit provides one of the healthiest types of meat. Low fat, quality protein.
100 YEAR OLD RECIPES: Rabbit with spicy sauce and pudding with cranberry apples
In this section, we present you old recipes, taken from different & # 8221treated & # 8221 specialty, specifying, each time, the source. This week, we present & # 8221Rabbits with spicy sauce & # 8221 and & # 8221Budincă with apple apples & # 8221, recipes that were published in the series & # 8221Good Maid & acirc & # 128 & # 148 Cookbook, practice & # 8221 (1907) , written by Mrs. Ecaterina Colonel Steriad.
Rabbit with spicy sauce
Take a rabbit, remove its skin first and second, salt it, and let it sit in 300 grams of vinegar with water for about six hours, along with the spices. Then take it out of the vinegar, wash it and fry it with pieces of butter on top in a soft oven then cut it into the right pieces, prepare 600 grams of cream, 240 grams of butter, two tablespoons of browned flour, mushrooms ( mushrooms) cut like livers and fermented before, half a tablespoon of aubergine broth, a little pepper, cinnamon, the necessary salt and a glass of wine or wood. Mix all this together and pour it over the fried rabbit, bring it to a boil in a few boils, and let it sit in a thick sauce, placed in a large, round bowl, until you put it on the table.
Pudding with cranberry apples
Peel two kilograms and 400 grams of wild apples, cut them into small pieces and boil them with 120 grams of butter until soft, then put in 180 grams of sweet breadcrumbs and a little cinnamon, crushed, and let them cold. Then put 10 yolks, one after the other, and the foam from the five egg whites put them in, mix them well, grease a tincture with butter, sprinkle it with grated bagel, put the pudding in it and bake it for an hour in oven, then sprinkled with crushed vanilla sugar, serve.
Rabbit in cream with potatoes and pepper in the oven
A rabbit plate is already something special and original, because it is not cooked very often. Each hostess should have their own & # 8220brand-name & # 8221 recipe for their preparation. The bunny tied with vegetables in pots is a really festive dish, with a beautiful and unusually portioned portion. This dish will rightly be remembered by everyone.
- rabbit (young) & # 8211 0.6 kg
- potatoes & # 8211 4 pcs
- bulbs (medium) & # 8211 2 pcs
- carrots (small) & # 8211 2 pcs
- Bulgarian peppers & # 8211 1 pc.
- cream (15%) & # 8211 1 tbsp. on each pot
- salt pepper
- bay leaves & # 8211 1 pc. in each pot
- sunflower oil & # 8211 for frying vegetables.
Cooking time: 80 minutes.
Calories per 100 g: 189 kcal.
- Rabbit cut into small pieces (so it was convenient to put in pots), rub with salt, then quickly fry until golden brown in a dry, red-hot pan
- Then pour a small amount of oil into the same pan and fry in it a mixture of vegetables cut into strips: onion, sweet pepper and carrots.
- Cut the potatoes into small slices
- Put a few pieces of meat on the bottom of the bowl, then a few slices of potatoes, put a few tablespoons of vegetable dressing and a tablespoon of cream on the potatoes. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt, pepper and sun-hops. Fill the ingredients with boiling water, place a bay leaf on top and, closing the lid slightly, send the bowl to the preheated oven. Repeat the same steps with the rest of the dishes
- Cat food at 200 0 C for one hour and then served at the table & # 8211 a separate pot for each guest.
Lentil soup is not only tasty, but also a healthy dish for every day.
How to cook pork peel in onion peel & # 8211 read how to cook this dish.
Read how to prepare a chicken and orange salad in our article.
We assure you that your information will be kept secure and at any time you can change your mind by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us.
Don't miss any recipes or find out what else
we set up on
Chicken with asparagus and potatoes
The asparagus came out in the garden and I picked it in time this time. I kept looking at more special recipes
Beef broth with sauteed asparagus
• put oil on the meat • mix the chilly flakes with the paprika, salt and white pepper and season the pieces well
Ingredients Rabbit stew, step by step recipe
- 1.5 kg. bone-in rabbit meat, cut into suitable pieces (lamb may also be used, cleaned of skins and fat or chicken)
- 5 bunches of green onions
- 4 bunches of green garlic
- 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon oil
- 150 ml. dry red wine
- 350 ml. of tomato puree or homemade broth consistently
- 200 ml. chicken soup (or hot water)
- 1 bunch chopped green parsley (or 1/2 bunch parsley and 1/2 bunch dill) and plenty of pepper
Preparation Rabbit stew, step by step recipe:
1. First of all, take the meat out of the fridge and portion it, grease it well with 1 tablespoon of oil, and season it with salt and pepper on all sides. Allow the meat to return to ambient temperature, which means at least 30 minutes-1 hour of waiting, at room temperature. Optionally, the meat can be marinated, leaving it overnight to be impregnated with flavors, possibly sprinkling it with wine, because its acidity helps a lot to tenderize the meat. If you haven't done this, it's not a big bath, because we will cook the meat in the oven for as long as it takes to become very tender.
2. Clean, wash, dry well and chop the white and light green sides of the onion and green garlic. From the green garlic leaves we braided wreaths (see the image below) and we chopped the green onion leaves and kept them separately, they will be added to the food at a different time than the white part.
3. Start the oven and set at 170 ° C. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and quickly brown the pieces of meat without squeezing too much at once, in which case the temperature in the pan would drop a lot and the meat would actually start to boil in its own juice, without creating that. beautiful crust on the surface.
4. As the pieces of meat brown, take them out into a deep pan, suitable for the oven (it can be a ceramic bowl with a lid, a cast iron saucepan, etc.).
5. After we have finished browning the meat, add the rest of the oil in the same pan (without washing it) and immediately put all the chopped onion and garlic, sprinkling a pinch of salt from the beginning. Reduce the heat and sauté the onion and garlic until soft, as the slices begin to unfold and become translucent in places.
6. After the onion has softened, raise the temperature and add the wine, which in my case was a robust cabernet sauvignon, if you prefer, you can also use a dry white wine. Allow to boil quickly until the wine has completely evaporated.
7. After the wine has evaporated, add the tomato puree or broth, bring to a boil, turn off the heat, add the onion leaves kept aside and season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Pour the sauce over the browned pieces of meat and, if there is not enough sauce to cover them, top them with a little chicken soup (my case) or, in its absence, hot water. Cover the dish well (it is ideal to have a lid, otherwise you can seal the dish with aluminum foil) and continue cooking the food in the preheated oven at 170 ° C, until the meat becomes very tender. The cooking time depends directly on the meat used: my bunny seems to have run something in his life, so it took 2 hours to be really tender, but a very young chicken or lamb is very likely to be ready in the middle of this time. So, after an hour we start to check the meat and if it will not be easily pierced with a fork, we continue to cook it under the lid until we are satisfied.
9. While the meat is in the oven, brown the garlic cloves in a pan and add the last teaspoon of oil to the list of ingredients, no more than 20-30 seconds on each side, just enough to it softens a little. After the meat is tender enough, uncover the dish, add the crowns on top of the food (see the 2nd image of the article) and raise the temperature to 190 ° C, keeping the tray in the oven for another 8-10 minutes, until it browns a little on top.
10. In the end, our food will look almost as seen in the image below, which, unfortunately, can not transmit the beautiful scent of stew. We let her rest a bit, enough to prepare a hurried polenta, and then we can sit down at the table. Of course, the stew fits just as well with other garnishes (mashed or natural potatoes, knedle, rice, etc.).