- Dish type
- Coffee drinks
A creamy and tasty yet refreshing cold coffee recipe. Ideal for those long summer days when you need a caffeine boost but it’s too hot for the usual version.
1 person made this
- 6 shots fresh espresso (or 6 teaspoons espresso powder and 180ml boiling water)
- 900ml full fat fresh milk
- 30ml single/double cream
- 1 1/2 shots syrup (e.g. vanilla syrup)
MethodPrep:10min ›Extra time:30min chilling › Ready in:40min
- Add the freshly brewed espresso or espresso powder and boiling water in a jug. Leave to cool for 2 minutes.
- While the coffee cools, add your milk and cream to a large blender along with the syrup.
- Add the espresso to the blender (don’t worry if it’s still a little warm) and then top up with ice to around the 1.7L mark.
- Blend on a moderate speed for around 20 seconds. Wait 30 seconds, then blend again for another 10 seconds.
- Pour into a large 2L jug (or a couple of smaller jugs) and leave in the fridge to chill between 30 minutes and overnight.
- To serve, pour from your jug into a chilled glass. Top with a couple of ice cubes. The drink will settle, like a pint of stout, leaving a creamy head on top. Best served in a chilled pint glass (Guinness pint glass recommended).
The recipe can be scaled down to make a a smaller volume or a single drink.