My husband escaped to the kitchen again! :))
So, in short, another recipe made by him, and quickly photographed by me :) We fell in love with seafood in Denmark. Unfortunately in Romania we cannot always satisfy our cravings, because the quality of seafood is not always appropriate ...
The recipe below was the recipe for Saturday night, prepared and invented by my beloved! The recipe is delicious! And I'm not saying that just because she's ready for him.
- 1 kg of frozen shells
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon curry
- hot pepper flakes
- olive oil
- 100 ml white wine
- 250 g long grain rice
Preparation time: less than 30 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Risotto with shells:
I boiled the rice in water with a little salt, leaving it al-dente. I washed the shells very well in several waters.
In a saucepan, put the finely chopped onion and sliced garlic.
I added the shells, I put salt, pepper and pepper flakes, I mixed and I put the mixture in a tray that I put in the preheated oven.
I added the white wine and let it drop a little, then I added the boiled rice. I added salt and pepper, added curry and left for a few more minutes.
A goodness came out!
I wish you good luck!
Risotto with shells
A risotta recipe with shells from: rice, seashells, bell peppers, concentrated vegetable soup, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, parsley and hot paprika.
- 400 g of rice
- 500 g shells
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 1 concentrated vegetable (or fish) soup
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch parsley
- hot Chilli
Method of preparation:
Put the oil and 1 clove of cleaned garlic in a thick-bottomed pan and heat so that the latter just leaves its flavor. Cleanse scallops, wash them and boil them in a little water, in a covered bowl, adding 1 knife tip of paprika in water.
Heat the oil and fry the diced peppers in it, together with the finely chopped garlic. When it starts to change color, add the well-washed rice and cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
Transfer the mixture to a ceramic bowl, pour half the amount of soup and put it in the oven for about 10 minutes. Add the shells with the water in which they boiled and a little chopped parsley. Keep the preparation in the oven for another 5-6 minutes, adding soup if necessary.
Mix everything well and let the risotto rest for 5 minutes before serving. Decorate it with green parsley.
What are the steps to prepare an authentic risotto?
- A part of rice with large grain type Arborio, Carnaroli
- Three parts liquid: preparation of a hot soups of vegetables or meat (beef stock, background, broth)
- Sofritto: onion and garlic hardened in olive oil and butter
- Tempering the dried rice grains in sofritto + seasoning with salt, ground pepper
- Extinguish with white vermouth (Martini, Cinzano) or dry white wine
- Gradually add the soup (not water!) Hot, polish with polish, only after completely absorbing the previous trance
- Continuous mixing of the risotto during the 12-15 minutes of cooking. By gentle mixing, the starch is slowly released from the rice grains and that creamy sauce is created.
- Buttering: extinguishing the fire and finishing the risotto with a piece of cold butter and a generous amount of quality parmesan, very fine shaved.
- Immediate serving of risotto in deep plates. It must be hot, fluid, creamy. Every minute of delay leads to the absorption of the surrounding liquid by the rice grains and the hardening of this wonderful risotto.
From the ingredients below we obtained 4 servings of risotto with mushrooms.
The more varied the risotto recipes, the more delicious they are, from risotto with parmesan and butter, to risotto with Mediterranean vegetables, seafood or chicken.
Although the recipe written on many packages of rice is a very short, to prepare a creamy and flavorful risotto requires more. Most of the time it is wrong with the cooking time (you left it on the fire too much or too little) and with the texture of the final preparation (it is too dry or too sticky).
With just a few simple instructions and the right ingredients, you will enjoy an irresistible risotto and you will be able to delight your family and friends.
The secret of a risotto like a book is moderation. The ingredients, even if they are few, must be added along the way, first in smaller quantities to see if it is enough, then complete if necessary.
Recently, the supermarket where I shop most often introduced a range of more exclusive products. At that shelf I discovered the largest pasta in the shape of shells than I have ever seen, in fact, very good quality pasta, made from organic durum wheat. And if I'm not too easily impressed by the "organic" snack (I'm speaking strictly in my personal name, for many people this thing really matters), the shape and size of these pastas really inspired me, so I put them in the basket.
I looked for inspiration in my book "Pasta, all the recipes" and I found it, there are two alternatives in the book for the preparation of these huge shells: with ragu or with ricotta and spinach. I chose the first one, not without noticing that they are actually the classic fillings of cannelloni, whose recipes in the version with ricotta and spinach and meat, we have already published.
And now let's move on! They are easy to make, the preparation of these pastas will not take too long and you will get a very, very tasty food.
Preparation time: 00:30 hours
Cooking time: 01:20 hours
Total Time: 01:50 hours
Number of servings: 6
Degree of difficulty: low
Ingredient Pasta "Shells" Giant Stuffed & # 8211 Conchiglioni al ragu
- 26 pieces of conchiglioni pasta (so many came in the form I used, just as well you can use 24 or even 30) prepared from 500 ml. milk, 40 grams of butter, 40 grams of flour, salt, white pepper and a pinch of nutmeg
- 500 grams of minced beef
- 1-2 small carrots or 1 large carrot
- 1 celery stalk celery
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 150 ml. of red wine
- 400 grams of tomatoes in broth
- 50 grams of grated Parmesan cheese and pepper
Preparing Pasta "Giant" Stuffed Stuffed & # 8211 Conchiglioni al ragu
1. Peel the carrot and onion. Finely chop, do the same with the celery stalk and crush the garlic. In a large skillet or saucepan, heat the olive oil and add the chopped vegetables. Sprinkle a pinch of salt from the beginning and fry everything until it starts to soften. Add the minced meat and mix well until all the meat has lightened in color and spread well, it no longer tends to gather in lumps.
2. Add the red wine and simmer until the wine has completely evaporated. Add the chopped tomatoes and broth, as well as the bay leaves. Reduce the heat to medium to low, cover the pot with a lid and simmer for an hour, checking regularly to keep it dry (if necessary, add a little hot soup or, failing that, water).
3. In the last part of cooking, uncover the pan and watch carefully until the ragu sauce decreases and becomes consistent. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside to cool.
4. While the ragu sauce is boiling quietly, prepare a bechamel of the quantities mentioned in the list of ingredients, following the instructions in the recipe. 'Sos Bechamel”Previously published (click on the link for details).
5. Here are the protagonists of our culinary adventure today, conchiglioni pasta. Before filling and putting in the oven, the pasta is boiled in boiling salted water (in a pot with at least 4 liters of water that is already boiling when the pasta is added) half of the cooking time specified on the package. In the case of my pasta, the time indicated by the manufacturer was 18 minutes, so I boiled them for 9 minutes and then water through a strainer (be careful, the pasta does not rinse). In the meantime, I turned on the oven and set it at 190 degrees Celsius.
6. In a heat-resistant form, put about 1/3 of the amount of bechamel sauce and spread with the back of the spoon to cover the bottom well. Fill the semi-cooked pasta with ragu, put about 2 good teaspoons of ragu in each and place it on the bed of bechamel sauce.
7. Cover the pasta with the rest of the bechamel sauce and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese. Place in the preheated oven at 190 degrees for 20 minutes.
After spending 20 minutes in the oven, it will smell very inviting in the kitchen and the food should be well cooked and nicely browned on the surface (if it has not browned, put it 1-2 minutes under the oven grill) . Let the pasta cool a bit, they will be very hot, then enjoy them.
Shells and risotto with peas and mint
1. Put chicken or vegetable soup in a saucepan, bring to a boil and simmer.
2. Melt 50 g butter in a medium skillet, add green onions and cook lightly for 1 minute. Add the rice and mix. Add the wine and boil, stirring occasionally. Add the soup, gradually and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the rice is "al dente".
3. Meanwhile, cook the peas in a pan of salted water and cook for 4-5 minutes, until cooked through. It drains well. Put the peas, remaining butter and mint in a blender until a paste is formed and set aside.
4. Heat a frying pan, add the butter, olive oil and half of the shells and cook for 1 minute, seasoning with salt and pepper. Cook, then stir with the rest of the shells.
5. When the rice is ready, mix the pea puree, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Serve with shells, with mint leaves.
First, cut the potatoes and pumpkin into cubes. Then, in a tray lined with baking paper, arrange the vegetables and do not forget to sprinkle them with a little olive oil and a little salt to taste. Place the tray in the preheated oven at 220 degrees C for about 10 or 15 minutes. Cook the vegetables until lightly browned.
The next step is to put the butter in a bowl to melt and add a tablespoon of olive oil over it. Then put the finely chopped onion and let it brown for 5 minutes.
We are going to add to this bowl the chopped garlic, the chopped mushrooms and 300 g of rice. Stir gently and then cook over low heat. During this time, gradually pour the vegetable soup and do not forget to stir. On a low heat, the risotto will cook for 25 minutes.
After this time, remove the potatoes and pumpkin from the pan and arrange in the rice bowl. Also add the thawed peas.
Once the rice is ready, add the parmesan and mix. At the end you can decorate the plate with dill or parsley.
Sophisticated: Risotto with saffron
Because we will not eat for a long time in the style of COVID, that is, in isolation, maybe someone will want to celebrate this moment. In this sense, nothing seems more appropriate than a risotto born in the area of Milan, one of the most affected areas in Europe, by the sinful virus.
The key ingredient in this risotto is saffron, the most expensive spice in the world, which costs even more than gold, which will give the rice its specific yellow and which you better not buy, if you want to keep your money in your purse.
If, however, someone wants to pamper their loved ones, risotto with saffron is worth a try, and if you want to prepare it but you can not buy it, replace the expensive ingredient with turmeric, a spice with anti-inflammatory properties, which color in yellow everything it touches, it's easy to find in any supermarket and costs very little.
The sun risotto is very easy to prepare and will cheer up your meal and soul just like the spring in the garden, and if you like to cook rice like this, try the other options: risotto with asparagus, tomatoes and peas.
Ingredients for 2 large or 4 smaller portions:
* 1 teaspoon saffron (or 1 teaspoon grated turmeric)
* 1 cup rice with round grain
* 3/4 glass of white wine
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 cube of soup (chicken or vegetables)
* 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 1 raw egg yolk (optional)
* a little lemon juice
You still need:
1. Dissolve the cube of soup in a liter and a half of boiling water
2. Finely chop the onion and cut the garlic into thin slices
3. In a larger saucepan (if it is non-stick it is even better), put the onion and garlic to harden, in a tablespoon of olive oil, over medium heat.
4.After the vegetables have softened a little, add the wine and, after a short boil, add the rice. Mix well until all the liquid is absorbed
5.Add the saffron or turmeric, mix, then make a medium heat, to small and, with a polish, add from the soup to the rice (one polish, if large, two, if the polish is small), mix well, then put the lid and allow the liquid to be absorbed. Repeat the operation and stir often, so that the rice releases its starch, until the rice is cooked. If your soup runs out before the rice is cooked, replace it with warm water (Why hot? So as not to stop the cooking process, which would happen if the water was cold)
6. When the rice is cooked, turn off the heat and add the grated pamezan (keep the plates for a little and for garnish), the butter cube and the raw yolk. Stir until well incorporated, taste and season with salt and pepper.
9. Finish with a few drops of lemon juice (it will give a little acidity to the preparation and will intensify all the flavors)
10. Serve the risotto in deep plates, soup or in bowls, sprinkled with a little grated Parmesan.
Risotto with parmesan, scallops and brown butter sauce
Saint Jacques parmesan and shell risotto is a dish that will definitely change the status of your kitchen and bring you at least 1 honorary Michelin star!
It is a refined recipe, a delight for the taste buds, and those who are lucky enough to taste it, will tell others about it.
The creamy rice with Parmesan cheese combines perfectly with the sweet meat of Saint Jacques shells and the penetrating taste of spinach. And the melted butter will only place a royal crown on this really special dish.
Ingredients for risotto with parmesan, scallops and brown butter sauce:
2 cloves minced garlic or a small onion, finely chopped (or both)
340 grams of Arborio rice
1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
1/2 kg of scallops
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 kg of spinach or kale leaves
Method of preparation:
Heat a pot with a non-stick surface and melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add a clove of chopped garlic and finely chopped onion and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
Then add the rice and mix until coated in butter. Then add the white wine and mix on the fire until the alcohol evaporates.
Then gradually add the chicken soup, stirring constantly, until the rice becomes soft and fluffy. Add the Parmesan cheese and mix until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
For Saint Jacques shells
Heat the rapeseed oil in a non-stick pan. The shells must be dried as well as possible and then salted, after which they are put in the pan. Gently shake the pan so that it does not stick. After 2-3 minutes, the shells turn to the other side.
They should be browned on the outside and the inside should be opaque. Remove from the pan and place on a paper napkin to absorb excess oil.
For sauteed spinach
Heat the 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan. Add a clove of garlic and mix for 1 minute, then add the spinach or kale leaves and cook until reduced.
For brown butter
Put 3 tablespoons of butter in a pan over medium heat and stir until golden, then remove from heat and transfer to a clean container to cool, then sprinkle over the risotto. with scallops and spinach.
Risotto with seafood
Risotto is, in fact, long-grain Italian rice that can be "quoted" wonderfully with any other delicious ingredients. The nets that prepare it are usually very simple, the emphasis being mainly on spices, whose aroma enters the rice grain. In the case of seafood risotto, the aroma of seafood is what gives the dish a special taste. Let's find out how.