It was still pumpkin week, I also processed something new for us.
- mere ionatan 1000 g,
- pumpkin for pie (approx. 500g),
- lemon peel,
- sugar 250 g,
- ground cinnamon 2 teaspoons,
- vanilla sugar 2 sachets,
- pie packs 1 pack,
- margarine 100 g.
Preparation time: less than 30 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Strudel with apples and pumpkin:
Peel the apples and pumpkin, grate them on a large grater, then put them in a bowl with a double bottom (Ideally it would be a Zepter;), for those who have: D) add sugar, vanilla sugar, cinnamon, lemon peel, boiling for approx. 15 minutes on low heat. Meanwhile, melt the margarine, grease three sheets of margarine pie, put the apple and pumpkin filling, roll and place in a tray lined with parchment paper. Obtain 4 rolls, which are greased with the remaining melted margarine, and put in the preheated oven, about 30 minutes on medium heat. The strudel is served cold or hot, sprinkled with powdered sugar or vanilla sauce.
- 400 g grated pumpkin
- 100 g nuts
- 280 g flour
- 20 g cocoa (two tablespoons)
- a teaspoon of cinnamon
- 200 g sugar
- 100 g butter
- 150 ml of milk
- 2 eggs
- a teaspoon of baking powder
- a pinch of salt
If you find yourself in the taste of the recipes on this blog, I am waiting for you every day on facebook page. You will find there many recipes posted, new ideas and discussions with those interested.
* You can also sign up for Recipes group of all kinds. There you will be able to upload your photos with tried and tested dishes from this blog. We will be able to discuss menus, food recipes and much more. However, I urge you to follow the group's rules!
You can also follow us on Instagram and Pinterest, with the same name "Recipes of all kinds".
What ingredients do we use for the apple (or pumpkin) strudel-pie recipe?
- -For sheets:
- - 500g flour - sheets come out for a pie tray - of normal stove
- -1 teaspoon grated salt
- -lightly warm water, as it contains, to make a hard dough
- -let 1 tbsp
- 2 tablespoons oil
- -lint + oil in equal amounts for spreading and spreading
- -2 kg apples or pumpkin (pumpkin)
- -juice from half a lemon
- -200 g sugar or sweetener (for people with diabetes)
- -200 g butter or stewing oil
- -200 g walnut kernels
- -1 teaspoon freshly ground cinnamon
- -1 drop of vanilla (very little, enough to give & bdquo that something special & rdquo)
- -Add another 50 g butter or oil to grease the sheets on top & # 128578
How to prepare the recipe for strudel-apple pie (or pumpkin)?
Strudel-apple or pumpkin pie recipe it can be made at any time during the year, but autumn and winter have a different flavor. A house that smells of autumn and winter of apple or pumpkin pie, vanilla and cinnamon, from my point of view, is a fairytale house. I admit that I often make all kinds of pies and tarts with cheese, vegetables, fruits, but also all kinds of cakes with apples and pumpkin. I invite you to browse my recipes from the Sweets category, you will find really tasty recipes.
If you like pies and croissants, I recommend you browse the categories of Sweet Pastry and Salted Pastry. & # 128578
Now let me tell you how I prepare the recipe for Strudel-apple or pumpkin pie:
The dough is made for fine homemade Romanian pie sheets & ndash as I explained here, where it is written in red. It's all explained step by step, so there's no point in repeating.
While the dough is resting, we prepare the so fragrant filling. & # 128578 Yammmiiiii.
Peel and grate the apples or pumpkin, add the lemon juice and mix (they will not oxidize, they will keep their golden color) then put them in a pan with the sugar and butter, over low heat. It is recommended to use a pan with a thick bottom and a wide mouth, like jam, so that it does not stick and the liquid evaporates quickly. & # 128578 From sugar, they will leave their syrup. Leave it on the fire, stirring very often, until the juice decreases. At the end add cinnamon and vanilla, large chopped walnut kernels. I choose the walnut kernel well, it doesn't have shells and I put on my reading glasses, to make sure I don't get them for my new fillings - I'm Stan Patitul. & # 128578 Can't imagine what my dentist laughs about this and if he sees that I haven't visited him for a while, he calls me to ask me when I make an apple pie, but to have a lot of walnuts - that's his favorite , bandit & # 128512 Eh, look, Glory daragoi, I don't put nuts in pies anymore. & # 128539
For a little more flavor, sometimes I add 2 cloves, anise (1 small seed) and some ginger (0.5 cm fresh root or a knife tip powder). I usually do this in winter, when it's cold outside, because I really like the flavors of gingerbread & # 128578
Now let's move on strudel-pie with apples or pumpkin. & # 128578 I have the dough ready, portioned.
On a napkin or tablecloth, spread the sheet. I have an old, worn tablecloth, which I keep especially for pie sheets. It spreads the sheet very easily, it is enough to pull the edges. & # 128578
Sprinkle with melted butter, lard or oil, then spread the filling. Put more on the edge from which the rolling starts, and the edge that will be on top, just sprinkle well with grease. In this way, there will be several layers of crispy sheets on top and the filling will stay smooth inside, it will not flow.
Break the thicker edges of the pie sheet and roll with the help of the tablecloth. Place in a greased pan (butter, oil, lard). You can place the rolls of Strudel-pie with apples or watermelon straight, or in the form of a snail, as desired. Do you see how fine my sheets are? I'm good at getting married, right?
I now made 2 sheets of apple strudel and 3 sheets of Dobrogean Pie, with salted cheese. So I thanked everyone in the house. & # 128578
Repeat the operation, until the dough and the filling are finished, put the pieces of butter (or the fat used) on top and put the tray in the oven. This fat added on top will help the pie to bake nicely, evenly and the sheets to be tender, not dry and dry.
Bake the strudel-pie at an average temperature of 170-180 degrees. Check the oven after 40 minutes. The pie is ready when it is nicely browned on top. To be sure of success, you can easily lift a corner, to see below if it is well cooked. As the filling is pre-baked, only the sheets need to be baked.
This is how it looks taken out of the oven:
I can't tell you how beautiful it smells in the whole house! What a perfume. And this smell will persist in the house for a few days. & # 128578 It's a scent that I always associate with the idea of family, celebration, harmony, kindness, abundance & hellip
It just smells great!
Immediately, so hot, powder with sugar and cover with a napkin. In this way, the sheets will soften a little, they will not crumble when cut & # 128578
After about 20 minutes, Strudel-apple or pumpkin pie he breathed enough, so he can cut himself. This is the ideal option, of course, because it doesn't last more than 10 minutes for me, unless I'm standing with the pan in my hand, to graft the thieves. & # 128578 You see how beautiful the sheets look, how fine they are and how good my filling and pie look & hellip Praise my mouth for giving you steak, right? & # 128512
But be honest, it really looks good & # 128578.
See below a video on how to spread the pie sheet and how to fill it with apples, pumpkin, cheese & hellip
Let me tell you a few more tricks:
- raisins can also be added to the filling. grapes, pears, peaches, diced plums.
-I like to put 1-2 grated quinces or quince jam (a little more and they will bake). I can't describe to you what taste and what fantastic quince quinces give.
This one strudel-apple or pumpkin pie recipe it can also be made with raw fruits, as is traditionally done in Austria. & # 128578
It is said that the apple strudel is a traditional Austrian recipe, in fact extremely widespread in the former Austro-Hungarian Empire. The oldest written certification of an strudel recipe appears in 1696, in a handwritten book, kept at the State Library in Vienna.
The strudel can be made with apples (the most appreciated), fresh cheese, cherries, pumpkin, mushrooms, meat, cabbage, etc. It is absolutely delicious this combination of fine sheets, slightly tender and crunchy at the same time & hellip no matter what filling.
The Austrian recipe stipulates that the apples be cut into slices and placed on a sheet, then sprinkled on top with a mixture of sugar, cinnamon and breadcrumbs. The role of breadcrumbs is to absorb the syrup left by the fruit. Proceed in the same way.
This version is also very tasty, but I prefer the version with apples smothered in butter, over low heat.
That being said, I end here. Not before I leave you a portion of strudel-pie with apples or pumpkin and you, enjoy it with great pleasure, as I prepared it. & # 128578
The simplest strudel recipe Strudel with apple, cheese, pumpkin
Find out from us the simplest strudel recipe, the light but just as tasty version of the original pumpkin strudel recipe.
Strudel according to the traditional recipe is quite difficult to make. Especially if you're not good with the thin spread of the dough.
But there are also simple strudel recipes, such as this one.
Pumpkin Pie Ingredients:
- 450 grams of white grain flour
- 1 or
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 150 grams of butter
- 60 ml. of sunflower oil
- 1 pumpkin pie of 1.2 & # 8211 1.5 kg.
- 120 grams of sugar (the filling is sweetened to taste, I used brown sugar, you can put white sugar just as well)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- powdered sugar for sprinkling at the end
Preparation of Pumpkin Pie:
A brief presentation of the ingredients (very simple, by the way) and we can get to work. I wanted to show you the pumpkin, it wasn't big (I got 870 grams of grated pumpkin pulp) but when I cut it I had a pleasant surprise, it was incredibly fragrant.
1. Sift the flour into a bowl and make a hole in the middle. Beat the whole egg with 1/2 teaspoon of salt, add the vinegar, 2 tablespoons of oil and 200 ml. of cold water. Pour the liquid ingredients into the depth formed in the flour and incorporate with a spoon, then knead. Depending on the quality of the flour, you may need a little more water or, conversely, 1-2 tablespoons of extra flour. Knead the dough until it becomes very smooth, non-sticky, with a slightly firmer consistency than a bread dough (kneading should last at least 15 minutes). The dough is gathered in a ball, covered with a bowl or wrapped in cling film and left to rest for at least 30 minutes.
2. Cut the pumpkin in half and peel the seeds, then peel, cut into suitable pieces and scrape through a grater with large holes.
3. In a large saucepan melt 60 grams of butter, add grated pumpkin, sugar, spices, 1/2 teaspoon salt, vanilla extract and lemon juice. Cook the pumpkin, stirring occasionally until soft (about 10 minutes). Allow to cool completely.
4. After the waiting period has passed, it's time to turn the heavy ball of dough into thin, transparent pie sheets. For this, you need a table around which you can move and a clean tablecloth, made of thick cloth. Spread on the table and sprinkle with a little flour (1/2 tablespoon), which is spread with the palm on the entire surface of the table top. The dough is placed in the middle and, for the beginning, it is spread with the rolling pin in a rectangular shape, as thin as possible (image on the left). Put your hands under the dough and first stretch the middle, helping us from behind the clenched fists.
After the middle has thinned well, pull on the thicker edges of the dough, around the table, until the dough thins and reaches beyond the dimensions of the table top. You will not be able to spread the dough in a single stretch, you will need to walk around the table a few times. Ideally, it should not break at all, but some small perforations are allowed.
Finally, the dough should be very thin, so that the pattern of the tablecloth is obvious (pictured right). The thick edges of the dough are cut all around (with scissors or even by hand).
5. Turn on the oven and set it at 190 degrees Celsius. Sprinkle the dough generously on the entire surface with the remaining butter, melted, but not hot, mixed with the remaining oil. Keep about 2-3 tablespoons of the mixture of butter and oil to grease the pie on the surface, before putting it in the oven. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs all over the surface and place the whole pumpkin filling on one of the long sides of the table. (If you don't have butter in the house, you can only use oil to spray the leaves).
6. Starting from the side on which the filling was placed, it is attached to the edge table and lifted, making the pie roll with the filling inside. The edges fold inwards. A long cylinder is obtained.
7. Depending on the preference, the pie can be twisted in a spiral or not. It can be placed in the tray in the shape of a large U, for example, but I preferred to twist it and carefully placed it in the tray covered with baking paper. Sprinkle with the mixture of melted butter and preserved oil on top. Bake in the preheated oven at 190 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to 180 degrees and continue baking for another 35 minutes. Finally, the pie should be brown and appetizing.
Immediately after baking, the dough sheets will be crispy, if you want them softer, you can cover the pie with a clean kitchen towel. For me, there was no such thing, nor did I take it out of the oven well and everyone in the house appeared at once, as if floating on clouds of perfume.
Sprinkle with vanilla powdered sugar and taste with great pleasure. A little too big, as if another portion were working: P.
Mix 3 tablespoons of oil with 2 tablespoons of flour and put on the fire, stirring constantly until it thickens. Put the rest of the flour in a bowl, make a hole in the middle and add mineral water, the rest of the oil, vinegar and baking powder. Knead well. The obtained dough is spread in a very thin sheet and greased with oil sauce and the flour is rolled and left to cool for 2 hours.
Cook the pumpkin together with the oil and sugar until it softens and decreases all the juice left. Set aside and add cinnamon.
Remove the dough from the fridge, spread it out again in a thin sheet and cut rectangles of approx. 6x5 cm. Place a spoonful of the filling on each one and roll it bringing the ends inside, so that the filling does not flow. Grow on top in 3-4 places with a knife.
Put them in a pan greased with oil and lined with flour and bake for 20-25 minutes, in the already hot oven.
Pumpkin strudel is served powdered with vanilla flour sugar.
The source of this recipe is the culinary blog truedelights
I participate in the contest "Romanian dishes for the days when you fast!" and on Facebook I have the nickname Pica Flori.
Other recommended recipes:
Inverted strudel / pie with pumpkin and cinnamon
I could still talk about the pumpkin and cinnamon strudel! It is one of my favorites and although it is a favorite, I eat it more in autumn and winter. It's probably seasonal, I didn't even care, it's certain that it remained imprinted on my retina as a child. But now that I sit and think, most of the dough was consumed during this period, because in spring and summer we often consumed fresh fruit.
At home we called it pie and it was so salty with Telemea cheese, with cabbage or sweet potatoes with sweet cheese, apples, plums, cherries or walnuts.
Today I go back 30 years and I remember that without exception I was always the one who took care of the strudels in our house, the family being very happy with my skills, although they wanted to make me a priest :))))
Strudel / pie turned with apples, ripe nuts and raisins
Ingredients for pumpkin and cinnamon strudel dough:
- 500 g white flour 000
- 330-320 ml of water depending on the flour
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil + greased
- work surface and dough
- 3 tablespoons vinegar of 9 degrees
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Ingredients for strudel with pumpkin and cinnamon:
- 2 kg pumpkin Pie
- 150 g butter
- 300 g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
Preparation of strudel / pie turned with pumpkin and cinnamon
How to prepare the filling:
The first time we prepare the pumpkin, which we peel and seed, grate it and put it to harden in butter until it softens. Add the rest of the ingredients and temper until the composition binds.
Put the flour in a bowl, make a hole and put the rest of the ingredients. Knead until you get an elastic dough, which comes off the walls of the bowl. Grease it with oil, cover it with a kitchen towel and let it rest for an hour.
Preheat the oven to 190 degrees
Divide the dough into 4, grease a work surface with oil and press it with your fingers from the middle to the outside as far as it allows, grease it with oil and press with your fingers until it takes a rectangular shape
then from the middle we put our hand under it and stretch it outwards, until we obtain a thin dough so that the work plan can be seen. We do the same with the other 3 parts of the dough. The dough should always be greased with oil after each procedure.
Fill the dough obtained in the lower part with a quarter of the pumpkin composition, like a string and roll enough to cover the composition, grease with oil, then put the edges inside and roll until the dough is finished.
We give the shape of a snail, we come with the second piece, we continue the roll from the end of the first piece, we grease it with oil.
We make 2 rolls in the same way with the other remaining dough.
Put in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until nicely browned.
Serve with powdered sugar. Tasty and easy to make, but I don't hold you in place and I say goodbye to work and good appetite!
1. Peel a squash, grate it and boil it in salted water. After boiling, drain the water and crush with a blender, put the butter and mix until it becomes a puree. It is then allowed to cool.
2. Put the flour in a bowl, make a hole and add the following ingredients: egg, salt, oil, butter, yogurt and water. Stir until a fluffy, easy-to-shape shell is obtained. Leave in the fridge for a few minutes, wrapped in plastic wrap.
3. After it has cooled, mix the pumpkin puree with the sugar, cinnamon and vanilla sugar. Meanwhile, turn on the oven at a temperature of 180 ºC and line the tray with butter and flour.
4. Remove the shell from the cold, spread with a rolling pin and portion. The hull strips are filled with the pumpkin mixture, rolled and glued to the ends so that they do not fall apart. For a pleasant appearance, grease with beaten egg and put in the oven. After removing from the oven, allow to cool, then powder with sugar. They can be served with yogurt cream and spices.
- 1 kg of grated apples
- 100 g of walnut kernels
- 100-150 grams of sugar
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 50 ml of oil
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- & frac12 pack of pie sheets
Aromatic pie with apples, pumpkin, quince and walnuts
Here is a delicious pie flavored with apples, pumpkin, quince and walnuts.
Ingredients for 2 trays
dough: about 700 g flour, 250 ml warm water, 3 g salt, 10 g yeast, 2 tablespoons oil, one tablespoon vinegar
filling 6 APPLES (3 tomatoes, 3 yolks), a zucchini for pie, a large quince, 300 g walnut kernels, 200 g sugar, a tablespoon of cinnamon
for greased trays and garnish: 200 ml oil, 100 g powdered sugar
Method of preparation
1. Prepare the dough in a bowl, sifted flour and warm water in which I added and dissolved, salt, yeast, vinegar and oil. At first it is mixed with a spoon, then on a plate powdered with flour, knead an elastic dough that we let rest, covered with a towel, for about 20 minutes.
2. Peel a squash, grate it and cut it into small cubes. Do the same with the quince and apples. I give the apples through a large grater to avoid oxidizing them. Roast the walnut kernels in the microwave for a few minutes, leave to cool and then grind with a rolling pin. Mix the diced pumpkin, apples and quince with the sugar and cinnamon.
3. Break suitable pieces (about the size of an apple) of the dough then on the work table given with flour spread thin sheets on the surface of which we spread in a uniform layer, the fruit filling, over which we sprinkle walnut kernels then roll lightly by hand and place the roll next to the roll, in the tray, and when the tray is full, pour thinly over the rolls about 100 ml of oil and bake the tray in the preheated oven, about 30 minutes, on the right heat until it browns nicely. We cut the pie into suitable pieces, after it has cooled a bit and we powdered it with powdered sugar. Serve after it has cooled well.