It is one of my favorite soups :) and it is very easy to make. I really like to eat it with toast. :)
- 2 medium onions
- oil (I used olives)
- sour cream (2 tablespoons)
- 500 ml of milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt, pepper, vegeta
Preparation time: less than 30 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Potato soup with milk and pepper:
Finely chop the onions and put them in a pot to harden in oil with a little salt, after the onion is cooked, add water and diced potatoes. When the potatoes are almost cooked in another bowl, put a little oil in which the flour is slightly browned for about 1-2 minutes, then add the sour cream and milk, stirring constantly. Add pepper and then put the composition in the soup and let it boil for another 2-3 minutes. Add salt, vegeta and pepper if needed (I like to taste the pepper).
Leek cream soup with potatoes and cream & # 8211 fine and creamy
Leek cream soup with potatoes and cream & # 8211 fine and creamy. How to make leek cream soup? Potato cream soup recipe with leeks and cream. Quick recipes. Cream soup recipes. Leek recipes.
This leek cream soup with potatoes and cream is one of the quick recipes with a wow result. In about 40 minutes the soup is ready and can be served. Its pleasant taste and creamy texture make it to the liking of children, I guarantee you that!
I'm a big fan of cream soups and I make them quite often. Leek is a floury vegetable that can be cooked in many ways and fits very well in this cream soup as well.
The color of my soup is a varnish, very fine and appetizing. I dislike soups in washed out, dull colors & # 8211 often a sign that the vegetables have been overcooked. Also, I'm not a fan of too thick cream soups that bring more with the purees. I prefer them more fluid. This aspect can be easily adjusted according to everyone's preferences.
The French have the famous Soup a la Vichyssoise which is actually a cold potato soup with leeks and which is prepared on the basis of a stock of chicken (clear chicken soup). In the case of my soup, I tilted the scales towards leeks and added a parsnip root for a sweet taste and an additional fine aroma.
If I still mentioned the cream of potato soup, I invite you to discover it here.
The potatoes must be floury, special for puree (so that a sticky soup does not come out). The cream I use in this leek cream with potato soup is a sweet cream and has a min. 30% fat. So we are not talking about sour cream (fermented) for cabbage rolls or papanas. You can also choose cream for cooking if it is natural and has at least 30% fat & # 8211 from La Dorna for example (excluding imitations like Gran cucina etc).
The liquid in which the vegetables will boil should be a previously prepared chicken soup (see how it's done) or a vegetable (see here) but it's not a problem if you use hot water instead.
If you are a leek lover, I also recommend a delicious leek pie and quick cheese with thin sheets from the trade & # 8211 see here.
From the quantities below it results approx. 6 good servings of leek cream soup with potatoes and cream.
Cream of carrot and potato soup
Cream of carrot and potato soup: a delicious cream soup, perfect for vegetarians or those who fast. A simple and quick recipe, which can be easily transformed into a fruit recipe.
On Gina Bradea's blog you can find other cream soup recipes, at least as prepared and delicious as this one. Here are just a few ideas for such recipes:
Ingredient Green asparagus cream soup
- 1 small onion (mine turned red, the color doesn't necessarily matter, but it's good to use a sweeter assortment of onions)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 25 grams of butter
- ends of about 24 strands of green asparagus (meaning from
Method of preparation:
1. Heat the oil in a 2-3 liter pot, add the butter and when it has melted, put the finely chopped onion to harden, sprinkling 1/2 teaspoon of salt from the beginning (picture 1).
2. When the onion softens and becomes translucent, add the asparagus heads and the whole asparagus, over low heat (picture 2).
3. After the asparagus tips, which are the tenderest, soften, set aside and keep the soup for garnish.
4. Immediately add the peeled potatoes and cut into cubes and hot chicken soup (picture 3).
5. After the potatoes have boiled well, as well as the asparagus stalks, pass the soup through the blender (picture 4).
6. In order to retain all the wood fibers of the asparagus heads, the soup is passed through a sieve, insisting until the substance remains as dry as possible in the sieve (picture 5).
The green asparagus cream soup is heated well and the taste is adjusted by adding sugar, salt and ground pepper to taste. If it has dropped too much and is too dense, dilute the soup with a little hot water and bring to a boil.
Serve immediately, garnishing the bowls with asparagus heads and liquid cream.
The benefits of eating soups
Vegetable soups can be considered functional foods, whose benefits go beyond the nutritional aspect.
The ingredients from which vegetable soups are made provide fiber, vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, oligosaccharides and antioxidants.
Vegetables help prevent cardiovascular and inflammatory diseases.
A study published in 2018 in the "Avicenna Journal of Phytomedicine" showed that a vegetable soup had beneficial effects on several health parameters: blood viscosity, cholesterol, triglycerides, hematocrit and plasma fibrinogen (coagulation factor).
The soup was made from carrot, celery, lettuce, barley, parsley, dill, coriander, spices (pepper, turmeric, cinnamon), olive oil and lemon juice.
Recent research has shown that soups with a low energy density consumed in the first place decrease subsequent consumption of food and calorie intake.
According to epidemiological studies, eating soup reduces the risk of obesity. The British Journal of Nutrition writes that soups help control body weight.
In soup consumers, body weight, waist circumference and total energy and fat intake was lower than in non-consumers.
In addition, consumers of soups have a higher quality diet. The intake of protein, carbohydrates, fiber, vitamins and minerals is higher.
Vegetable soup with sweet milk - recipe
- 3 large potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 parsnip
- ¼ celery root
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons broth or 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ liter of sweet milk
- green parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
Method of preparation
Peel, wash and finely chop the carrot, parsnip, celery root, bell pepper and onion.
Boil them in water for 10 minutes. Then add the peeled potatoes and cut into cubes.
Put the oil and let the vegetables simmer for another 20 minutes.
Then pour in the pre-boiled milk and the tomato broth or paste.
Let the soup boil for another 5 minutes, then turn off the heat. Sprinkle over finely chopped green parsley.
1. Hamideh Naghedi-Baghdar, Mohsen Nematy, Mohammad-Mahdi Kooshyar, Ali Taghipour, Sayyed Abolghasem Sajadi Tabassi, Sadegh Shokri, Roghayeh Javan, and Seyed-Mohammad Nazari, Effect of a functional food (vegetable soup) on blood rheology in patients with polycythemia, Avicenna J Phytomed. 2018 Sep-Oct 8 (5): 389–398: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6190243/
2. Julie E. Flood and Barbara J. Rolls, Soup preloads in a variety of forms reduce meal energy intake, Appetite. 2007 Nov 49 (3): 626–634: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2128765/
3. Yong Zhu, James H Hollis, Soup consumption is associated with a lower dietary energy density and a better diet quality in US adults, Br J Nutr. 2014 Apr 28111 (8): 1474-80: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24382211/
4. Tudor Osiac, Potato soup with sweet milk, Health with food from monasteries, from Mount Athos and from Romania, Evanghelismos Publishing House, Bucharest, 2014, pp. 46-47
* The advice and any health information available on this site are for informational purposes, do not replace the doctor's recommendation. If you suffer from chronic diseases or follow medication, we recommend that you consult your doctor before starting a cure or natural treatment to avoid interaction. By postponing or interrupting classic medical treatments you can endanger your health.
5-6 purple potatoes, 2-3 white potatoes, 1 carrot, 1 onion, 1 parsnip, 1 small piece of celery, 50 ml of olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary - to taste (only if the baby is over 1 year )
Wash and clean the vegetables. Boil them. When everything is well cooked, take everything out in a bowl and pass the vegetables, except for the onion with a fork or in a food processor. Then add the mashed vegetables back to the pot, stirring gently. Add salt, pepper and rosemary to taste. Turn off the heat and add the oil. Stir well. Serve with a lot of appetite or a lot of smanatana!
Cream soup with cream and potatoes & # 8211 simple, cheap, student recipe
Cream of mushroom soup with cream and potatoes & # 8211 simple, cheap, student recipe. How to make creamy mushroom soup? What cream do we use for mushroom cream with potatoes? Creamy vegetable soup recipes.
This cream of mushroom soup is my daughter's favorite. Marlene is now a student in the Netherlands and has started to prepare different dishes on her own & # 8211 according to the student budget and the minimum equipment of the kitchen in the dormitory.
If pasta is on the 1st place in the top of student dishes, then on the 2nd place would come the cream soups followed by the dishes based on potatoes or rice. A quick and tasty cream of mushroom soup recipe is very useful in people's homes. Especially since it cooks in less than 60 minutes & # 8211 is a quick recipe!
If at home I pampered her with yolk creams or mushrooms (see here and here) there Marlene manages admirably with the cheap mushroom-type mushrooms she finds in the supermarket.
He used to make cream of mushroom soup in larger quantities and take it to college (in a tall container with a lid). The basis of this soup is potatoes and mushrooms but the good taste is given by onions and garlic. Potatoes should be crumbly, floury (as for puree). Potatoes have a binding role (liaison & # 8211 liezon), give creaminess and pleasant texture. Without liezon, the cream of mushroom soup is a suspension of vegetable fragments (it has a "cut" effect). Liezon can also be made with rice (see here) or with a little starch. Mushrooms can be both white and brown & in this case the soup will turn darker in color.
We don't have to put cream in this cream of mushroom soup, but we can adjust it at the end with a little milk or a mixture of sour cream with milk. You can also put the cream directly in the bowls when serving. Thus the soup will be less perishable and keep for several days in the refrigerator (heated as needed).
Another cheap and tasty cream soup is the potato soup (no mushrooms) & # 8211 the recipe here. At the end I leave you with several recipes for cream soups: cauliflower, sweet potatoes, leeks, broccoli, chicken, vegetable mix, etc.
From the quantities below it results approx. 3.5 l of cream of mushroom soup. The soup was prepared by Marlene herself, in her dorm room) and I took the pictures with the cooking steps.
Peel the potatoes, cut them into cubes together with the celery and put them to boil
Once cooked, drain the water into a bowl
Pass the potatoes and celery well with a masher
Add coconut milk, baked garlic, and mint leaves and blend with a vertical blender (top with liquid from which the vegetables were boiled if you want a more watery consistency)
It goes well with salt and pepper
Put the soup in 2 heat-resistant bowls
Mix olive oil with turmeric
Grease each pie sheet separately and apply about 4 overlapping sheets over each bowl of soup
Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and put them in the preheated oven at 200 degrees until golden brown.
Cheddar potato soup
Cheddar potato soup can be served both for lunch and dinner, which makes it very popular with moms whose time in the kitchen is limited, but who want to give their little one a tasty meal. healthy. Consistent, but without too many calories, potato soup with Cheddar cheese will be a delight for your whole family!
Detailed Ingredients for Cheddar Potato Soup:
-150 g chopped cheddar cheese
How to make potato soup with Cheddar cheese:
Peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes. Peel an onion and cut it into small pieces. In a saucepan, melt the butter, then add the onion and leave over medium heat until soft. Add the potatoes, bay leaves and chicken soup and leave everything over medium heat until the potatoes are cooked. Remove the bay leaves, then put everything in a blender and mix until you get a fine composition. Put everything in a pan and add the cheese, stirring constantly, until it melts, then add salt and pepper to taste. Let the soup cool before serving.
How to make vichyssoise & # 8211 potato cream soup with leeks
1. Cut the leeks into rings and sauté in butter for a few minutes. Add the diced onion and let it soften.
2. After a few minutes, add the potatoes, salt, pepper, nutmeg. Fill with water until all ingredients are covered. Leave to cook over low heat. The mixture obtained must be consistent.
3. Pass the mixture in a blender with a little evaporated milk or liquid cream. Add liquid until it reaches the desired consistency.
4. The soup is served at room temperature or cold. Garnish with finely chopped chives or parsley