- Dish type
Christmas pudding doesn't get any easier than this! Perfect for those of us who do things last minute, this pudding is stress-free and delicious.
Devon, England, UK
44 people made this
- 1kg dried mixed fruit
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1 heaped teaspoon mixed spice
- 500ml pure orange juice
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:2hr ›Extra time:8hr soaking › Ready in:10hr30min
- Place fruit and orange juice into a large bowl. Stir well, cover and let soak overnight in the fridge.
- Next day, preheat oven to 150 C / Gas 2. Grease a large pudding mould.
- Add self-raising flour and mixed spice to the soaked fruit. Stir well.
- Tip the pudding mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. If the pudding looks like it's browning too fast, drape with foil.
For a boozy pudding, pierce the pudding with a skewer and sprinkle over 2 to 3 tablespoons of brandy or rum. You could also substitute 5o to 100ml of the orange juice for brandy, rum or even whisky.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (2)
I like this recipe. If you don't like the mixed fruit put in candied cherries or Maraschino cherries cut up, also we add pecans because we grow them in Texas. Walnuts would be great too. My other secret and it makes a huge difference, I use Nestle's butterscotch morsels., vanilla and/or maple flavoring. No one will guess why it tastes so good with the secret ingredients. : )-01 Nov 2017
Four Ingredient Vanilla Slice
Ok I love an easy recipe and I love Vanilla slice even more, hands up if your with me?? I knew you would be.
So today I’m bringing you the easiest Vanilla slice or Custard slice as its also know. Its a bit of a cheats version as you don’t have to stand there waiting for the custard to thicken. This slice also holds it shape very well and is easy to cut unlike some other vanilla slice recipes.
When even I happen across a bakery I always check out to see what their Vanilla slices look like. Sometimes they look like rubber in which case I pass, however if they look fresh and light I have to try one.
I love to eat vanilla slices and now I found this easy recipe I may have a problem on my hands and always have some in the fridge. This recipe uses an instant vanilla pudding mix by cottees, if your in another part of the world, I’m sorry, but I’m sure you would have an equivalent in the supermarket?
The 4-ingredient Slow Cooker Christmas Cake that’s stopped Australia!
Christmas decorations and snacks are already in stores - which means the time to start planning festive feasts is just around the corner.
Well one recipe you’re definitely going to want to bookmark is currently going viral on social media, and with good reason!
Posted on the Slow Cooker Recipe & Tips Facebook group, this cracking ‘Easy’ Christmas Cake only needs 4 ingredients - mixed fruit, chocolate milk, Baileys and self-raising flour. Genius!
The awesome Facebook page’s many followers were blown away by the amazing recipe - see below - with many vowing to make it come Christmas.
‘Looks luscious and moist. my kind of Christmas cake,’ said one follower. Added another: ‘Sounds amazing I’m trying it!’
Said a third: ‘I like the few ingredients and makes a lovely moist looking cake, amazing.’
Added one more: ‘This looks so easy and yummy, I will have to make it. You have just reminded me it is that time of the year!’
Totally agree! For this and more yummy ideas, don’t forget to check out the Slow Cooker Recipe & tips page - click here for more!
4 Ingredient Christmas Cake
* 1 kg mixed fruit (I add a packet of glacé cherries)
* 1/2 - 3/4 cup Baileys (my preference)
1. Soak fruit in milk & Baileys for 24 hours.
3. Line slow cooker with 2 layers of baking paper on bottom and sides. (I also double a long strip and put in first so easier to pull out when cooked).
Four Ingredient Starbucks Frappuccino at Home!
I received a Blendtec Blender to review and create recipes with. I only promote brands and products that I really love, so rest assured this relationship, it’s for reals.
It’s no secret that I am a coffee addict. I’m also not a millionaire so swinging through my local coffee drive through isn’t always an option for my budget. Luckily I’ve been toiling away in the kitchen this summer to come up with the perfect at home frappuccino recipe to share with you. Even better, there are only 4 ingredients!
Basic Frappuccino Recipe
- 1 tbsp instant coffee in enough hot water to dissolve it (I like the Starbucks Via brand)
- 1/2 box vanilla instant pudding powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 16 oz cup of ice
Start by dissolving your instant coffee in hot water. I used about 1/4 cup of water (and a lot of stirring) to get my coffee fully dissolved.
Then add it to your Blendtec. Then pour in your milk and half a package of instant pudding powder. Maybe you are wondering why in the world you are mixing pudding powder in. Well, your frappucino needs a thickener and a sweetener. The pudding mix acts as both. For the basic recipe I use a vanilla pudding base, but stay tuned below for other amazing ideas. Finally fill whatever cup you are going to be drinking from with ice. You can be a real addict like me and use coffee cubes (just regular coffee frozen into ice cube trays) however regular ice works just as well! Then you are going to push the smoothie button on your Blendtec. In case you want to be like me, I have this model specifically.
I am absolutely in love with this machine, not only because it allows me to make the best frozen blended coffee out there, but also because it takes ALL the guess work out of how long to do it. Once you push the button a little countdown timer appears on the screen. You might be tempted (I totally was) to stop your blending before the timer runs out, but if you do your drink won’t be smooth and pourable. More like a realllllly thick mess. So just wait the additional 34 seconds until it’s done. Once it’s done simply pour it into your cup and enjoy!
Maybe a plain frappuccino isn’t your jam. Maybe you like it chocolatier, or without coffee (who are you. ), don’t worry I have some options for you too! Heads up, some of these links are affiliate links.
Purin: A Japanese Custard Pudding
Purin is a flan-like cold custard dessert in Japan. The name “Purin” comes from “pudding”, but it is not the same thing as the gooey pudding in the U.S. It has a firmer texture similar to Mexican flan and also has caramel sauce on top. It is a very basic sweet—silky, creamy, rich, and smooth—that is served chilled, and adored in Japan. Purin is a comfort dessert for Japanese people.
There is a popular instant purin mix you can buy at grocery stores in Japan. Add some milk, mix, and chill, and there you are—easy purin. Though, the best kind of purin is made at home from scratch. The ingredients are simple: milk, eggs, sugar, and some vanilla. Purin is baked in a water bath in the oven, so it is hard to overcook. It may be a little more work to make than going to the store, but the outcome is incomparable to store-bought.
In Japan, there are a few types of purin, including yaki pudding, which is custard cooked in the oven, and mushi pudding, a custard cooked on a stovetop in a steamer or in a bain-marie in a pot or frying pan.
Miracle Three-Ingredient Christmas Cake
Place dried fruit in a bowl, cover with milk and leave to soak overnight in the fridge.
The next day, preheat oven to 160°C and line a medium (23cm diameter) springform cake tin with baking paper.
Stir flour into fruit mixture until evenly combined and smooth into prepared tin. Bake until it is risen, set and golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean (check after about 1¼ hours and return to oven for a little longer if needed). Remove from oven and, while still hot, brush with sherry, rum or whisky, if using. Cool in the tin before turning out. Stored in an airtight container, it will keep for 3-4 weeks.
Just before serving, dust with icing sugar, using paper doily cut-outs or snowflake stencils to create festive patterns.
For a vegan version use almond milk instead of milk. Fruit juice and ginger ale also work well.
For a gluten-free version use gluten-free self-raising flour and if you are highly sensitive to gluten use sherry or rum instead of whiskey.
4-Ingredient Mango Pudding | eggless, without gelatin – without agar agar
A creamy and rich mango pudding that gets ready with just 4 ingredients.
Summer is the time to enjoy mangoes in every way – we can make many amazing desserts or sweets from them – ice cream, milkshake, cake, mousse and many more.
This is a quick and easy-to-make pudding that is –
- without gelatin
- without agar agar
- gets ready with just 4 ingredients
How to prepare the easiest mango pudding
The process of making this creamy pudding is pretty simple – you just need to add the ingredients one by one and the result is this creamy mango pudding. As we have not added gelatin or agar agar, you won’t get a very stiff pudding. The consistency would be slightly jiggly. We can say that it would be like a thick custard.
All you need to do is mix all of the ingredients together and then let the watergate salad refrigerate for 45 minutes to an hour. You want it to firm up pretty well in the fridge. When ready to serve, top with a maraschino cherry and some chopped pecans. You could even add a dollop of whipped cream, too!
TIP: For an added crunch, feel free to mix in about 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
4-Ingredient Chocolate Pudding Dump Cake
You must be logged in to add a private note. Login | Register
Share This Link
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You must be logged in to add a recipe. Login | Register
This 4-Ingredient Chocolate Pudding Dump Cake is, hands down, the easiest dump cake you will ever make. It requires three ingredients and a chocolate chip garnish - yum! If you have to make a cake in a hurry, make sure you have these three ingredients on hand: instant chocolate pudding mix, yellow cake mix, and milk. Mix those up together, dump them in a pan and bake. It's really that simple!
This is a great chocolate dump cake recipe to keep handy when you have a potluck to prepare for or a party to celebrate. You can dress this cake up with frosting and other garnishes, such as fruit or sprinkles. It's the ultimate easy dump cake.
Why is it called a "dump cake"?
Dump cakes or "dump it cakes" have become very popular in the last few years, and it's easy to see why. Chocolate dump cakes like this can be made in a flash using ingredients that you can keep in your pantry. Although chocolate cake mix is a go-to ingredient, some recipes also incorporate goodies like hot chocolate or chocolate syrup. the sky is the limit when it comes to these creative cakes! Start with a dump cake recipe like this one and follow your kitchen bliss.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 small box of chocolate instant pudding
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 1 / 2 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix your pudding with the milk according to package directions.
After mixing your pudding and milk, stir in your yellow cake mix. (Just the dry mix, do not add anything to it!)
The batter will be very thick. Spread it into a greased 9×13-inch baking pan.
Bake for 30 minutes, until the edges start pulling away from the pan.
Sprinkle with chocolate chips and enjoy.
OUR EASIEST RECIPES ALL IN ONE SPOT!
Then you are going to love our massive collection of easy recipe ideas. This collection of stupid quick and effortless recipes includes:
-More Dumpcake Recipes
-Cake Mix Recipes
-And SO Much more!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Thank you for signing up!
We were unable to sign you up - please try again.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Thanks for your comment. Don't forget to share!
This is NOT a dump cake. You do not have to mix a dump cake, hense the name dump. It is a cake with extras added.
My recipe calls for spreading the cake mix and pudding in a prepared pan, pouring the milk in and then mixing it, hence a "dump cake".
This recipe is so so simple, perfect for chocolate "emergencies." I plan to try it out with gluten free cake mix and almond milk.
When you have to mix, stir or blend it is NOT a dump cake.
I often need quick recipes especially for emergencies. That happens when you have a teenager who tells you that he needs something for school the next day and it's already 5pm! This happens to me often. I'm keeping this recipe for those times. It looks delicious. I would never have thought to add a pudding mix to a cake mix. What a great idea!
This cake was so good! I loved the chocolate flavor and rich fudgy texture. Plus, you can't beat a 4 ingredient dessert.
This looks delicious! I can't wait to try it. Plus, it's pretty simple to make, too
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Cherry Angel Food Cakevideocam
This Cherry Angel Food Cake is definitely a super easy cake that everyone will believe is from a bakery. This is a super delicious&hellip See more Continue reading: "Cherry Angel Food Cakevideocam"
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
Connect With Us
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
Prime Publishing Food Group
© Copyright 2021 Prime Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.
Sign In to Your Account
Sign In With One Of Your Social Accounts
Sign in using email and password
Forgot Your Password?
Images from other cooks
Share Your Images
Help others by adding images to this recipe. It's easy! Click here to start
Please sign into your account to add new images.
There are currently no images from other cooks.
Terms & Conditions
You must enter into this Agreement if you want to submit digital images or other content to Prime Publishing through Sharing Customer Images (the "Service"). As used in this Agreement, "we" or "Prime Publishing" means Prime Publishing, LLC. and "you" means the individual or entity submitting materials to Prime Publishing. Any individual or entity that wants to use the Service must accept the terms of this Agreement without change. BY CLICKING THE ACCEPT TERMS AND CONDITIONS BUTTON, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND ALL SPECIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE.
1) Eligibility. You may only submit Materials to the Service for which you hold all intellectual property rights. In other words, if you submit a digital image to us, you must own all rights to such image or you must have the authorization of the person who does own those rights. The Service is limited to parties that lawfully can enter into and form contracts under applicable law. Minors may not submit Materials to the Service. Further, you may not submit any personally identifiable information about any child under the age of 13.
2) Definitions. As used in this Agreement, (a) "Affiliates" means any entity controlled by, in control of, or under common control with Prime Publishing, (b) "Materials" means all content that you submit to Prime Publishing, including all photographs, illustrations, graphics and text, and (c) "Media" means any means of conveying information, whether now known or hereafter devised.
3) License Grant for Materials. You hereby grant to Prime Publishing and its Affiliates a worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual right and license to (a) reproduce, distribute, transmit, publicly perform and publicly display the Materials, in whole or in part, in any manner and Media, (b) modify, adapt, translate and create derivative works from the Materials, in whole or in part, in any manner and Media, and (c) sublicense the foregoing rights, in whole or in part, to any third party, with or without a fee.
4) Removal of Materials. If you decide you would like to remove your Materials from the Service, you may provide written notice to Prime Publishing by either deleting the image through the Prime Publishing interface or by contacting Prime Publishing customer service, and Prime Publishing will remove such Materials from the Service within a reasonable period of time.
5) License for Name, Trademarks and Likenesses. You hereby grant to Prime Publishing, its Affiliates and sublicensees a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to use all trademarks, trade names, and the names and likenesses of any individuals that appear in the Materials. You grant Prime Publishing, its Affiliates and sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with the Materials.
6) Specifications and Guidelines. You agree to submit Materials to us in accordance with all guidelines for use of the Service posted on the Prime Publishing web site or of which you are otherwise notified ("Guidelines"), as these Guidelines may be changed in the future.
7) Representations, Warranties and Indemnities. You represent and warrant to Prime Publishing and its Affiliates that (a) you have the right, power, and authority necessary to enter into this Agreement, to fully perform your obligations hereunder, and to grant the licenses set forth in Paragraphs 3 and 5 above, (b) you will comply fully with all terms of this Agreement, (c) the Materials submitted to Prime Publishing by you, and Prime Publishing's and its Affiliates' exercise of their rights hereunder, do not and will not violate, misappropriate or infringe any intellectual property right, including but not limited to trademark rights, copyrights, moral rights and publicity rights of any third party, (d) you possess all rights necessary for the reproduction, distribution, transmission, public performance, public display, and other exploitation of the Materials by Prime Publishing and its Affiliates as permitted hereunder, (e) the Materials are not pornographic, obscene, libelous, defamatory, tortious, or otherwise unlawful, and (f) all factual statements submitted by you are accurate and not misleading. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Prime Publishing and its Affiliates harmless from all claims, liabilities, damages, and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses) arising from your breach of any representation or warranty set forth in this paragraph.
8) Restrictions. You agree that you will not submit Materials that are unlawful, pornographic, libelous, defamatory, tortious, obscene, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, or that otherwise violate general Prime Publishing community standards. We expressly reserve the right to remove or not make available any Materials that we deem to be in violation of this Agreement, applicable laws or our community standards in our sole discretion. You agree that you will not upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit Materials to us or our Affiliates that contain software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
9) No Obligation. Although we have the right to include your Materials in the Service or in any Media, we do not have the obligation to do so. We may, in our sole discretion and for any reason, refuse the Materials or remove them from our Service at any time.
10) Changes to Agreement. We reserve the right to change any of the terms of this Agreement or any Specifications or Guidelines governing the Service at any time in our sole discretion. All changes will be effective upon posting to the Service. However, for all changes to this Agreement, excluding Specifications and Guidelines, we will post a notice of change for thirty (30) days. You are responsible for reviewing the notice and any applicable changes. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THIS SERVICE FOLLOWING OUR POSTING OF ANY CHANGES WILL CONSTITUTE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH CHANGES.
11) Prime Publishing Intellectual Property. Without our prior written consent, you may not use our intellectual property, including, without limitation, our trademarks, trade names, trade dress, or copyrighted material, in any manner.
12) Communications. Prime Publishing and its Affiliates may communicate with you in connection with the Service, electronically and in other Media, and you consent to such communications regardless of any "Customer Communication Preferences" (or similar preferences or requests) you may have indicated on the web sites of Prime Publishing or its Affiliates or by any other means.
13) Waiver. PRIME PUBLISHING AND ITS AFFILIATES WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO SUCH DAMAGES ARISING FROM BREACH OF CONTRACT OR WARRANTY OR FROM NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF (OR KNEW OR SHOULD KNOWN OF) THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
14) Disclaimer. PRIME PUBLISHING PROVIDES THE SERVICE "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
15) Miscellaneous. This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the United States of America and the state of Washington, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action relating to this Agreement must be brought in the federal or state courts located in Seattle, Washington, and you irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of such courts. You may not assign this Agreement, by operation of law or otherwise, without our prior written consent. Subject to that restriction, this Agreement will be binding on, inure to, and be enforceable against the parties and their respective successors and permitted assigns. Our failure to enforce your strict performance of any provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of our right to enforce such provision or any other provision of this Agreement subsequently. The Specifications and Guidelines (including all future changes) are incorporated by reference into this Agreement. This Agreement is in addition to, and does not supersede or modify, the terms and conditions of use of the web sites of Prime Publishing and its Affiliates.
Sharing Your Own Images
You! Anyone who is a registered and logged in user.
Please share images that will help other visitors. For example:
- Images that highlight a article's features ("Here are the controls on this music player", "See the clasp for this necklace", "Look at the box this came in")
- Images showing someone using a product ("Here I am wearing this scarf", "Install the ink cartridge here")
- Images related to a topic ("My dog Skipper", "A great outfit", "Our family at Yellowstone", "How to glue a chair using a cabinet clamp")
- Images that show how a product performs ("I took this picture with this camera", "This shirt shrunk in the wash", "The saw blade after 100 cuts")
- Images that give a sense of the size of the product ("This refrigerator is actually 6' tall", "A cellphone the size of a credit card")
Do include captions for your images. While not required, they provide context for your images. Additionally, you can use the Image Notes feature to highlight one or more interesting areas in your image. Everyone will see your notes when they roll over your image.
What shouldn't I share?
Behave as if you were a guest at a friend's dinner party: please treat the Prime Publishing community with respect. Do not share:
- Profane, obscene, or spiteful images, or any images with nudity
- Images to which you do not own the intellectual property rights
- Images featuring phone numbers, mail addresses, or URLs. You can watermark an image with copyright information.
- Images featuring availability, price, or alternative ordering/shipping information
- Images featuring external Web sites, contests, or other solicitations
- Any personal information about children under 13
- Images with automobile license plates that are prominent and easily read (pictures with license plates that have been fuzzed out or that otherwise cannot be read are acceptable).
The same guidelines apply to your captions and notes.
What image formats and sizes are supported?
We support JPEG, GIF and PNG images. Files must be no more than 1MB. Both the image height and the image width must be between 60 and 3500 pixels.
Instead of uploading an image, can I just enter a link to an image?
No, all images must be uploaded to Prime Publishing. This ensures your image is always available.
How long does it take to upload an image?
The time varies depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the image file. For a 400KB image, for example, you should expect 2 to 4 minutes over a 56KB modem and under 1 minute for DSL or cable modem.
Where will my image appear?
Generally your image will appear where you uploaded it: in the article image gallery.
Who owns the images I upload?
The rights owner of the image continues to own the image uploading your image to Prime Publishing does not transfer ownership.
Unexpected, unwanted, hungry.
Dinner isn&apost a problem, you can always order a pizza, and it&aposll get there before your guests do. But what about dessert? One of the best parts of going over to someone&aposs house is homemade dessert, at least in my opinion. Even if it&aposs something widespread such as cupcakes or apple pie, everyone has their own way of preparing it. And pastries hot from the oven are heavenly!
This simple apple pie uses only four very basic ingredients, ingredients that you most likely have any time of year. Takes just minutes to prep, a bit longer to bake and will be ready before your guests are even ready for dessert!
Just Four Ingredients
I found this recipe in my mother&aposs recipe book, who in turn got it from her mother, who learned it from her mom in a time of poverty in the Soviet Union. Only the simplest ingredients were available, and even those weren&apost too accessible at times. However, even that didn&apost stop people from coming up with easy creations to satisfy their sweet tooth and impress neighbours.