- Prep 5min
Updated September 18, 2014
(6-ounce) container Yoplait® Original vanilla yogurt
(ounces) cream cheese
cup dried cranberries, chopped
tablespoons walnuts, chopped
In a stand mixer, beat together the yogurt and cream cheese until soft and whippy. Add the cranberries and walnuts.
Serve with carrot and celery sticks for dipping.
Nutrition InformationNo nutrition information available for this recipe
- Yoplait is a registered trademark of YOPLAIT MARQUES (France) used under license.
We Also Love
Easy Beer Cheese Dip
Four-Layer Shrimp Dip
Banana Bread Mug Cake
5-Ingredient Lemon Dill Ranch Dressing
Spicy Cranberry Cream Cheese Wontons
Try These Next
Cranberry Jalapeño Cream Cheese Dip
Caramelized Vidalia Onion Dip
Peach Pie Dip
Strawberry Shortcake Dip
Quick Cranberry Walnut Bran Bread
Creamy Cranberry Salsa Dip (Dairy Free)
The local farm down the street from our house makes the most amazing cranberry salsa. I’ve been buying it for years.
Once, about 3 years ago, they had samples of the salsa mixed with cream cheese and served up with tortilla chips. It was AMAZING!
I made it for several parties that year – buying the salsa from the farm and mixing it with store bought cream cheese – and everyone loved it.
This year I had such a taste for this creamy tangy combination, but I knew I didn’t want to buy the vegan cream cheese from the store so I decided to make my own from start to finish. It turned out great. A little sweet, a lot tangy, very creamy. Perfection.
This homemade version was a hit with others as well and it’s going to be a keeper for all of my holidays parties for years to come.
Ranch Seasoning and Spices Mix
There are a few spices that make up the traditional ranch taste, like chives, dill, and garlic – that you should not leave out. Here is the full list of herbs and spices to make ranch work.
Once you have verified you have all ingredients on hand, proceed to full instructions and a printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- real mayonnaise
- sour cream
- dry chives
- dry parsley
- dry dill
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- black pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
Ingredients for Vegetable Dip
You probably all of these in your pantry right now! Grab them, mix them and watch it disappear!
- Sour Cream: Full fat or low fat will both work.
- Mayonnaise: Again full fat or low fat mayo work perfectly.
- Dill: This herb is one of the best for vegetables. It just works.
- Chives: Gives color and flavor.
- Garlic Powder: Adds great flavor.
- Dried Onion: This is the perfect way to add the onion flavor without the intense bite.
- Salt and Pepper: Add to taste.
Easy Dip Recipes
Creamy Fruit Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
7 Layer Taco Dip
- Refried beans
- 1 Cup sour cream mixed with 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- Shredded cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped tomatoes
- Sliced olives
- 1/2 Cup half and half
- 1/2 Cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 Cup coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes, crushed or ¼ teaspoon red pepper sauce
Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
- 1 Cup plain yogurt
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- ½ teaspoon crushed garlic
- ½ teaspoon dill weed
Honey Mustard Dip
Garlic Cream Cheese Dip
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
Homemade Herb Onion Dip
- 15 oz. can of garbanzo beans
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Cup cold water
- 5 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 Cup tahini paste
- Fresh vegetables: Tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, and/or celery Kalamata olives
- High-quality extra virgin olive oil
- Smoked paprika, for garnish
Hot Chicken Easy Dip Recipes
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup blue cheese or ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup any flavor hot Sauce*
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cans (12.5 oz. each) White Premium Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained
Cinnamon Butter Spread
The Veggie-Cheesy Dip
- 1 Cup salsa
- 1/2 Cup shredded cheese (any Mexican cheese will do)
- 1/4 Cup fat-free or low-fat sour cream
- 1/3 Cup chopped olives & beans (black or garbanzo)
- Chips to dip in
Mediterranean Layer Dip
- 1 large seedless cucumber, peeled and cut in half
- 1 c. cherry or grape tomatoes, chopped
- ½ small red onion, sliced thin
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 T. lemon juice, divided
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 T. fresh oregano (or 1 t. dried), divided
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 c. plain Greek yogurt (full fat)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T. fresh dill (or 1 t. dried)
- 1½ c. hummus, store bought or homemade
- ½ c. Kalamata olives, chopped
- ½ c. Feta, crumbled
- ¼ c. fresh parsley, chopped
- Vegetable strips
- pita bread triangles
3 Easy Dip Recipes
by Deana Cornish, (Pawhuska,OK)
Whisk together 1 pint low-fat mayo, 1 Cup 1% Milk, 3 Tbsp. Ranch dressing (1 packet). Serve with "Snowman Noses" (carrots).
We do monthly themes in our after-school cooking club. January was "Snow".
Easy and Fancy Goat Cheese Dip
- ¼ pecans, finely chopped
- 1 T. fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ c. dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 4-oz. goat cheese log
- 3 T. honey, divided
- Crackers or crostini
- Townhouse Pita crackers
Other Easy Dip Recipes and Ideas
Share your Dip Recipes
Quick and easy cranberry & orange scones
Mothers day is coming up this Sunday and what better way to spoil the women that brought you into the world than baking her something delicious. These cranberry and orange scones are super easy and very quick to make, so will be perfect for tea or as breakfast pudding. I know this might not be a thing in your life but it really should be. A little sweet treat at the end of a lazy weekend breakfast. I made these using Lurpak butter which makes them extra special.
Lurpak is known for some of the most incredible food styling and filming for their commercials. They are a visual feast and often used as a benchmark when I’m briefed to do a tabletop shoot. Their Instagram page is pretty drool-worthy it has to be said. This is #foodporn to the max.
Tips on how to make perfect scones:
- Don’t overwork the dough. Handle it as little as possible and gently flatten out before cutting your shapes.
- Make scones by hand and work on a cool surface such as marble if possible.
- Allow the scones to rest in the fridge for 20 minutes while the oven is preheating.
- Use cold or frozen butter. With this recipe, the butter is grated in and using fridge cold or semi-frozen butter makes it easier.
- Flour your knife, cookie or pastry cutter before cutting slicing into the scones. This makes the pastry drag less as you cut down which helps it rise in the oven.
- If you are going to egg wash the top to get a more golden colour don’t egg wash the sides of the scone.
- If you want really high scones don’t flatten the dough too much before cutting. Keep it quite thick to start with.
if you use salted butter, reduce the addition of salt to ¼ tsp
The cranberries give the scones a lovely sweet edge and the orange zest a fruity note so no jam is necessary here. You just need to add a good spread of butter and you are winning. The Lurpak salted butter is best for this.
Recipe – makes 8 large scones
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar + and extra Tbsp for sprinkling
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/4 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 8 Tbls Lurpak butter, 1 stick or 113gm (cold or frozen)
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large free-range egg
Preheat your oven to 400F / 200C.
By hand, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Grate the butter into the flour mixture on the large holes of a grater. Using your fingers work the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles a coarse crumb. Stir in dried cranberries and the zest.
In another bowl, whisk the milk and egg until smooth.
Using a fork, stir egg/milk mixture into flour mixture until a dough forms.
Empty the dough onto a well-floured surface and knead briefly so that it comes together. Pat down to form a large flattened disk. Using a sharp-floured knife or pastry cutter cut the dough into 8 triangles. Place these on a lined baking tray allowing space in between each. Sprinkle the 1 tablespoon of sugar over the top surface of the scones.
Learn how to Serve Easy Veggie Dip
- Serve it up: This dip after all is good with greens. Our favorites embrace carrots, celery, grape tomatoes, snap peas, cucumbers, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower and jicama. Different choices embrace quite a lot of olives, radishes and uncooked candy potato sticks.
- Different: However Veggie Dip can be stellar with potato chips, wheat thins, buttery crackers, pretzels and pita chips.
- What do you dip Cranberry Dip with? I recommend serving with pretzels, Ritz Crackers, or even a veggie dipper like celery sticks. Personally I also love bits of Italian or French bread torn up to dip with!
- Instead of a block, can you ball the Cream Cheese? The easiest way to ball up cream cheese is to place on plastic wrap, shape, and put in fridge to firm for an hour or two. You can see more info on this in my chocolate chip cheese ball dip recipe.
- How much dip does this recipe make? This recipe makes enough cranberry pour for 2 blocks of cream cheese, or if you like a lot of cranberry on top, to re-pour as people eat the cream cheese down.
- Are there any other ingredient changes I can make? A lot of people love the flavors of jalapeno and cranberries together, so you could easily dice fresh jalapenos and combine with the cranberries for a Cran-Jalapeno dip. Additionally, instead of cream cheese, you could also use a other soft cheeses like goat cheese or brie as the base.
- Can fresh cranberries be used – YES! Simply use fresh cranberries in place of thawed frozen ones, follow recipe as instructed.
Add cranberries, sugar, preserves and water to a large saucepan.
Heat saucepan over medium high heat until boiling.
Mixture will begin to bubble and get frothy as it heats and you may hear the cranberries sizzling and pop.
Continue to boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly until berries are popped open and mixture begins to darken.
Remove from heat and stir in pecans.
Let set too cool and refrigerate to cool completely.
Once cooled, stir cranberry mixture so its pliable.
Gently press a spoon in the center of the cream cheese to create a divot.
Spoon mixture on top of cream cheese and serve with crackers or pretzel chips.
Makes 2-3 appetizer bricks.
As always, thank you so much for visiting my site and trying my recipe! If you enjoyed this recipe (or have changes that you made that are amazing), I want to hear about it! Just leave me a comment or find me on TikTok and Pinterest. Thank you for supporting my site and interacting with me. I love sharing my cooking and I love you!
What are the best appetizers to serve?:
I think many families have a pizza bread recipe they love. This is mine. With tiny bits of toppings in every bite, you can change the ingredients to suit your personal preference. Top it off with your favorite pizza sauce for dipping, and you&rsquove got a winner.
The Ultimate Sausage Pizza Dip
Speaking of pizza, you MUST try this Ultimate Sausage Pizza Dip. Seriously one of the best pizza dips I have ever had or made. The flavors are so good. This appetizer recipe is guaranteed to be a hit at your party.
Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Jalapeños
This recipe for Bacon Wrapped Jalapeños only requires four ingredients and is another crowd favorite.- If you&rsquore like me, it&rsquos hard to resist anything wrapped in bacon.
Every holiday, special occasion or just get together my Mom makes veggie dip. It is delicious and easy to make. The only thing that I always forget is that you have to make it at least 24 hours before you want to use it. That way all of the ingredients have a chance to mingle and absorb some of liquid. As long as you remember this one little rule, this is the best veggie dip around.
Veggie Dip – (From Mom)
- 2/3 Cup Sour Cream
- 2/3 Cup Hellman’s Dressing
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Onion
- 1 teaspoon Dill weed
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1 teaspoon Accent
- 2 Drops Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon Beau Monde, made by spice island
Measure the mayonnaise and sour cream and add to the bowl.
Mix until everything is incorporated.
Allow the mixture to chill in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours before serving.
Serve with your favorite vegetables.
This is a quick and easy dip that is perfect for all occasions.
Rex is an avid griller, barbecuer and bacon enthusiast. He is the Pitmaster for the Rex BBQ competition team. Rex was also featured on the TV show American Grilled. If you have any questions or wish to have Rex decode your favorite dish, click on the ASK REX link in the menu above.